Turning on Payment preauthorization will automatically place a hold on any new jobs being creating inside of Maidily or any new jobs that come in through the our online booking form.
- The hold on the customer's card for the total amount will last for 7 days
- After 7 days the hold will expire
- You will have the option to place the hold again after expiration
Turn on Payment preauthorization from Settings -> General - Booking and Pricing section:
Turning this on will automatically display this text on our online booking forms:
- If a hold fails to be placed on the customer's card at checkout a Preauthorize payment failure message will appear for them - the booking will not be submitted.
If activated, on your Job details page you will see a new section:
- 'Preauthorize payment' status will automatically be set to 'Active' for any automatically created or manually created jobs
- Once the job is charged the status will change to 'Released' and funds will be released to you
- Changing the job total OR switching cards will reset the 'Preauthorize payment' button
- When creating a job - if the automatic hold fails you will see a message appear and you will not be able to create the job using the selected card for payment
Have questions? We have answers! firstname.lastname@example.org